Hand tattoos. Are they worth getting? Yeah they can be considered cool, sexy or badass because of their placement and visibility…BUT there is a lot more to getting a hand tattoo than you may think. In this video, Justin from Just-INKD, lists 12 reasons of why a hand tattoo may not be for you.
12 Things to Consider Before Getting a Hand Tattoo
- The hand is one of the most painful areas to get tattooed
- Constant touch-ups may be needed to make it look its best.
- Some areas of the hand do not hold ink well.
- The hand is a part of the body that is likely to get scratched/ cut by accident.
- The hand is one of the least protective parts of the body when it comes to sun exposure.
- Hand tattoos may hinder job opportunities in certain fields.
- You may be judged instantly by others because hand tattoos are very visible.
- Make sure what you want to put on your hand is REALLY what you want because you will be constantly seeing your hand all day.
- Your hands are never really going to look their best (ie. dry/ cracked skin from weather).
- You might become a lot more paranoid in everything that you do because you’re constantly trying to protect your hand so your tattoo doesn’t get damaged.
- Hand takes a lot longer to heal than most other parts of the body.
- You’ll probably end up wanting to get your other hand tattooed as well.